Click below for more information on each of our races:
- Athletes in Action Triathlon/Duathlon presented by the College of Health Sciences & Professions
- 35th Annual OU HCOM Medicine Run 5K Presented by Quidel
- ROCKY Military Mud Run Powered by OU ROTC
- AMVETS 3K Diabetes Walk presented by HUMANA
- Remote Race
A short sprint format that begins at the Ohio University Aquatic Center heading out-of-town on a challenging bike course before returning to campus to complete a 5K run and finish in Walter Fieldhouse.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon, we offer a relay. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner). Each member will complete one segment of the race. Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their transition place.
If you’ve caught the triathlon/duathlon bug, you can save money by participating in the first annual Battle of the Bricks Triathlon Series! By registering for both the Athletes in Action Triathlon/Duathlon presented by the College of Health Sciences and Professions and the Miami University Triathlon/Duathlon, you can receive a discount code for your registrations and compete for the fastest combined times in your age group.
A traditional 5K run that will start in front of Walter Fieldhouse, wind through campus and by Athens AMVETS Post 76, and finish inside Walter Fieldhouse.
A challenging and non-traditional run starting in Peden Stadium heading up to the Army ROTC Training course at the Ridges, through mud pits and obstacles, before heading down to a slip-n-slide finish line outside Peden Stadium.
*New This Year – Relay Division – Sign up as “Relay (Group of 5)” instead of individual when you register! Your group MUST cross the finish line at the same time. The winning group will receive extra $$ for their reason!
A new walk that will begin in Peden Stadium and head down the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway towards OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital. The walk will end in the Walter Fieldhouse.
Here’s your chance to participate even if you don’t live in Athens! You choose your cause, make your donation, and know that you can sleep in on race day or get up and run your own 5K to join the 1,000+ people participating in Athens. Make sure to tweet us your pictures of your treadmill or outdoor running on April 25th!
5k and Mud Run — Medals will be awarded for 1st–3rdplace in all age groups.
Mud Run Relay – Winning Group Must Cross Finish Line Together – Additional funds to their Reason!
Triathlon / Duathlon — Handsome coffee mugs will be awarded for 1st–3rd place in all age groups. All triathletes and duathletes will receive a finisher’s medal.
- Corporate and Staff & Faculty Relay Division— The winning teams in these two categories will receive 3 free annual WellWorks memberships
- Student Organizational Relay Division— There is a $200 purse that will be awarded to the winning relay team in this category for the male, female, and co-ed divisions. Top finishers will also receive gift certificates for Cycle Path, the sponsor of this relay division.
- Family Relay Division— Top finishers will also receive gift certificates for Cycle Path, the sponsor of this relay division.
- Duathlon— Top finishers in this race category will receive gift certificates for Athens Bicycle, the sponsor of this race division.
There will be over $400 dollars in gift certificates courtesy of Cycle Path and Athens Bicycle that will be awarded to the 1st place finishers in many of the age groups and categories. Participants must be present to receive gift certificates and awards.